Times like tonight are a big reason why I hate this job!
I've been watching some trucks & trailers for an auction group that's using our parking lot. Earlier today the auction was held, my boss didn't say anything to me about needing to work after the auction, so I stayed up late (4pm instead of noon like normal). I've been coming into work at midnight, 12:30 my supervisor called my MIL (had the wrong # for me) and she called me. When I tried to call my supervisor on the phone he was supposed to have w/him, my boss answered. She took the grounds patrol phone home w/her that my supervisor is SUPPOSED to have, she has her own phone, so why does she need 2 (3?) phones? I don't have my supervisor's cell #, I've always been able to get a hold of him on the grounds phone when I needed to call him, so we talked a few minutes, told her I would leave home soon, & apologized numerous times for waking her up, then she called him I guess. About 1:15am I arrived, there's paper work I have to deal with f/this auction, so my supervisor showed me what to do & he had to talk to me about something else...
Yesterday an auction worker said he caught me asleep. I WASN'T SLEEPING!!! Him & his co-workers have either arrived after I left, or they drove in, he decided to walk in pushing a noisy battery pack. I was staring at some trucks & was startled by that noisy battery pack. After that everybody else drove in, one even towed a battery pack on his truck. If he gives me any attitude this morning about that, I may go off on him! It would be fine with me if I don't stay at this post until everything's moved out, another co-worker thought he'd be here til the 24th if not longer, I relieve him, its supposed to snow this weekend, I don't seem to drive well in it, so it's fine w/me if I don't work the rest of this.
Another thing, the CEO is so freaked out about spending too much money that will affect how I'm paid for this job, and the cell phone issue. My boss has to cut back on her cell phone use, so she's using the grounds phone. It would be ok if everyone actually had radios, but that's usually not the case. My boss can't have me work over 40 hrs in a week (never an issue before since we'd do 80-90 hour weeks then not work again for several weeks), so part of this pay is supposed to go on another check as time and a half. My last check had 40.25 hrs on it, they paid me time & a half for 15 minutes, I got a big kick out of that.
Spring's starting in the next few days (don't remember which day exactly), about the time it's supposed to snow here. Great! Not a shocker, a few years ago, it snowed on opening day for the baseball team, that's in April, so until they start playing ball, snow will not shock me, I'll just be upset.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular
No comments:
Post a Comment