I've been working outside in my car for the last 2 or 3 weeks, every single night in the cold (one night in snow) watching semi trucks and trailers. They were auctioned off a week ago, some are taking their time picking up their items, but they are leaving. I counted about 30 left tonight (out of 300+), I think this is my last shift, but I'll have to check later.
*I won a blog make over! I'm very excited about the new look, but I would like some ideas from my readers, so leave a comment or email me if there's something you'd really like to see on my blog. I'm thinking lots of color, I'm not a big fan of green or yellow, I used green to match the Army theme, and silver is not exactly a color that I can use online.*
My mind feels very random. My neighbors aren't letting me sleep during the day, the cat isn't helping much (she cries through the door, or if you let her sleep with you, she attacks you, gets right in your face, purrs, etc.). Last week was spring break so I thought that was the reason, but the neighbors are still as noisy as they can be. Cold makes me sleepy, & some workers f/the auction think they caught me sleeping on the job one night (I wasn't, they startled me) so I really have to stay awake.
Vx has been transferred to another unit, he's becoming an instructor on Chemical Warfare for non-74D's, he naturally talks to people very easily, especially w/topics he knows very well. He still needs to complete WLC and instructor classes. He now has the points for a promotion, so that is a highlight for him. He believes that he'll be sent to Washington state at least once a year, so it'll be a chance for him to visit his little sister, nephews, & his dad & step-mom.
I don't remember if I posted anything about the aftermath of getting 3 wisdom teeth pulled, I had some jaw pain for the first week afterwards, but it's better now; no pain (or drugs) & I can open my mouth all the way or pretty close to it.
The rain is now causing weakness in my leg. I'm struggling to walk, my titanium rods, pins, and the left leg they sit inside of doesn't want to support my weight. I used my cane a month ago at work, I've been in my car most of the time so I haven't really needed it.
I should be leaving work in about an hour, so I'll quit writing for now, hope everyone has a great day, and don't forget to wear red (Remember Everyone Deployed on #redfriday)!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular
No comments:
Post a Comment