Since I've been in my normal department for 5 years, I can work a shift most can't handle (graveyards), & some that used to work out here more aren't here anymore or work less, I am receiving more hours & responsibilities. Great example, this one HUGE building, my boss has never had me in there by myself until last weekend. It was a holiday weekend, so many took off to the lake, out of town, or they just aren't answering their phones. I also had several motion detectors (dogs).
The summer I didn't transfer, I froze! I spent my time in a very cold arena. It was 100 degrees outside & here I was carrying around blankets & jackets. This was also before my "terminator leg" so it wasn't as bad back then. Sunday night, I'll be back in that freezing cold arena w/layers of clothes on (its only been in the 90's lately), shorter hours, but I'll still have to do my best to NOT make my leg hurt!
Did I mention the stairs or the elevator that gets stuck? How about the people that feel the rules don't apply to them? Another "joy" from working my normal department, especially during the summer, yay!
Silver Star
No comments:
Post a Comment