Yeah, that's how I feel. Blah. I am so frekin bored with this whole damn life! Once I get past an aggravation, another one comes up.
We finally got the air conditioner, burners on the stove, oven, fridge, bathroom sink, fan, and the toilet fixed. We had to clean up, that was an undertaking, Vx's deployment shit is EVERYWHERE! Out of fear that maintenance would have to replace the fridge and stove completely, his stuff had to be moved into our bedroom, on top of all of his other (mostly deployment) shit that I have to trip over to reach the dresser or open the window.
Since the Army rather send soldiers on multiple deployments instead of sending my husband (who WANTS to go) on his first, can I pack up all this deployment stuff and send it back to Fort Dix or that other base he got the shit from? (the mob site in Georgia)
The a/c was fixed immediately (outside company, it was out of coolant), the rest took a while. A maintenance man came to work on it, he fixed the bathroom sink (there was a hot water stream when it was turned off all the way) and all the burners work (2 didn't work before), tweaked w/the toilet (its better now than it was, the tank fills up after flushing it most of the time), made the fridge colder (like having frozen food on the warmest setting is gonna be fixed by making it colder?), said there wasn't anything wrong w/the fan (Vx made him stand in the bathroom w/it on until it started squealing loudly), then he said he'd have to order a part for the fan and stove (electric coil exploded). The office called Vx about the repairs, he told them everything, the maintenance man wrote on his work order that he fixed everything. He's now been reassigned. A new maintenance man came in and fixed everything! He's wasn't sure about the fridge, but it's keeping things cold now (NOT frozen), we can cook again, and the bathroom smells disappear much quicker and quietly now.
Right about the time everything was fixed, Vx's friend asked him to do some work on his mom's house, she's moving out of it, the friend and his girlfriend (together maybe a year) are moving in. The thing that bothers me about this: Vx and I have been married for over 2 years (together about 5), we still live with my mom in her apartment! Is it just me, or should the rolls be reversed?
Vx has orders now (not that it means anything), he's in a new unit on the west coast, he won't be going to drill once a month (not that he has been since the whole deployment bs), after completing some classes, he'll be an instructor. One possibility is we'll be living at FLW (would it be appropriate to call it the chemical mecca?) for a short time while he teaches some classes. I fear if this assignment doesn't happen, we'll never move out of my mom's apartment. I WANT OUT OF HERE!!!
I made the mistake a month back, I asked Vx to call someone about these garage apartments near this area we agreed to live in, there condo's and they were asking as much for it as what my medical bills were about 2 years ago (six digits), now he's stuck on the idea of getting a place w/a garage. I found some other garage apartments, they were newer and further away from that particular area, they were asking 3X as much! Now he's stuck on the idea of garage apartments.
The place he had a storage unit at before the deployment bs, he's renting a unit from them again. One of the people running the place before may possibly be a "tag chaser," I'm not sure. She told him she's dated Marines, and she sent him a picture of what appeared to be her boob. He had a talk with her about it, so hopefully I won't have to do anything to her! He says there's stuff in the unit, and he'll put some of the army stuff in there as well, he says a lot of stuff but doesn't do them, so I don't have much faith in what he says or in anything involving him.
Summer time's coming, I don't know how last summer's job will work this year, ES changed the rules on work hours and pay, I assume it also applies to FMT as well. While I don't want to work about 60 days straight again, I'm curious how all of this will work with the others since this is only a 2 or 3 month job that some need to work more than 40 hrs a week at. Are they gonna have to hire more people for a temporary job? Some of these people work there every year, so if new people need to be hired, then they'll have to be trained, and pass background checks, and maybe even IRS (some do, some don't). That's something else that worries me, I made a mistake on my taxes last year, your taxes have to be in good shape for my department, so will the mistakes affect me this year? Federal said I had a mistake, but my refund was still the same, and the state kept what was supposed to be refunded.
The other night, I was looking at canes online. I feel so old. I'd like to have a fold up one that I'll keep in my car or whatever bag I carry around at work so when it starts raining while I'm there, I won't have to struggle to walk around as much. The other day, my husband and I went to Wal-Mart while it was raining outside, I could hardly walk into the store. I was okay when I got inside, I sat at a bench while he tried on some pants, we walked around a little bit, and when we were leaving the weakness started again. So this is what life will be like for me, hope that new unit doesn't want Vx and I to move there (I believe it rains in that area a lot, its also colder there)!
No comments:
Post a Comment