Friday, March 18, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in



1. What are some  of your ideas for staying connected with family…you know, those people we moved thousands of miles away from? submitted by Live it. Love it (or not). Write About It.
I use facebook and text messages mostly. We also snail mail each other things every so often (birthday cards, Christmas cards, etc.)

2. What’s the most romantic gift you have GIVEN? submitted by Painting My Canvas
My husband thought that taking him to a video game store at midnight to get Starcraft 2 while he was recovering from surgery (and drugged out of his mind) was the most romantic thing I've done. Since he loves sushi, I bought him a sushi-making kit when he graduated AIT, I think that's the most romantic gift I've given.

3. Would you encourage your child, if they came to you and wanted to join the military?  submitted by Perfectly Imperfect
I don't know if they would let her join or not, can cats join the military?

4. What is your least favorite bill to pay and why? submitted by A Little of This, A Little of That
Since we're on a family plan (mom, her bf, Vx and I), mom's been covering our cell phone bills since we haven't been able to afford it. Right now, I guess car insurance, it's never the same amount, so it's hard to budget around.

5. What is the proudest moment you’ve had as a military spouse?  submitted by Our Okinawa Life

At a color guard ceremony for some older vets, everyone just seemed so appreciative that these "4 young men" came out to their Elk's Lodge for an event. Just seeing how appreciative they were, despite the fact that they more likely than not dealt with a lot worse than Vx & his group has (2 f/ROTC, Vx & someone else, at least 3 of them haven't deployed, not sure about the other one).


To join in, visit Wifey's blog by clicking on the picture at top or on the left sidebar.

No comments: