Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Word(less?) Wednesday

I haven't done things much that I took a picture of or I could take a good picture of, so this week I took some.

Friday, after dropping off Vx for drill weekend in the field & getting a license for the summer dept. I stopped by the Blue Whale on my way home. There's a dock that's blocked off, but a trail leading to it that was open, so I walked it about as far as I could.


Monday, it was business as normal for Vx, he's working on fixing up a trailer home for a business that sells them. This picture is proof that Home Depot gives a military discount year round, something very helpful for my CBRN/drywaller.
 

I helped him out on the trailer Monday & Tuesday, I put plastic around the doors & inside windows, then this tape/paper combo around the trim, tape on the light switches, electrical outlets, & this plastic wall to block off the halls. He sprayed the walls in one of the bedrooms, one of the dining room walls & the living room walls.

Vx says I'm picking up on things quicker then his nephew does (who usually helps him), & some of his other 
helpers he's had in the past. While that was kinda nice to know, there's also things they could do that I couldn't do very well (like heavy lifting & other things that were hard for me because of my bad leg). 

Today, Vx says he's gonna show me the proper way to paint walls. Apparently, its not the way that most people seem to think is ok to do. It's also been very cold, so some of this has been spread out more than it normally would be.

While it's nice to have something to do until the summer dept. starts (June 2nd), & to keep all the money to ourselves instead of paying a helper, this isn't something I would want to do constantly, but every so often would be ok.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lowe's also gives the military discount year round, you just have to ask for it and show your ID. We use the discount at both all the time:)