Friday, May 27, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in


1. Do you think civilians, in general, understand the meaning of Memorial Day?
As horrible as this may sound, I think some civilians understand better than I do!

2. What are your plans for the Memorial Day Weekend?
No plans at this time. Last year I worked at a dog show, but went to the movies to see Sex & the City 2 on Monday during the day, other years I was at the summer dept. so having this weekend off is rare for me.

3. What skill/talent do you wish you had? submitted by The 3 Turners
Not being so shy? I'm not sure.

4. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? submitted by I Married Into The Army
Ah, another one of my questions! I have asked this many times, one person responded "yo mama" while others weren't sure about it either. If you know the answer, then please, let me know!

5. What is the best thing about your post (base)? The worst? submitted by Randomly, Robyn
In terms of warriors, the best is the location (about 5 miles from where we live) & how everyone gets along, despite ranks & branches (Navy, Marines, & Army). The worst is how the Navy does ID's (it took 4 tries & an Army SGT making it before hours to finally get mine), it's only offices & a mechanics shop (no shopettes, PX, etc. but there's a Target & numerous other stores outside the gate), & when its not a drill weekend, the gate is an intercom that the Army only answers on occasion (the Marines usually answer, when everyone moves to the new place, there's supposed to be a guard at the new gate 24/7).
In terms of the where Vx's unit is at now, the best is that its on a real base & its close to his dad & younger sister (he gets to visit them whenever they order him there), the worst is that it's 2,100 miles away from here.

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

No comments: