Monday, February 1, 2010

New Years Resolutions (better late than never)

So I realize it's now February 1st, but I just came up with some resolutions that I think I can pull off this year.

Every month, I will read a book. I've never been a big book reader, so this will be something that will require some effort. I will start by reading this book:



When Vx and I were cleaning the living room, I found this book. There was a receipt inside from 2006, so I've had the book for that long (at least) and I've only read bits and pieces of it. There are other books laying around here that were purchased with good intentions, but were barely touched, so I will try to have at least 11 books read by New Years 2011. There's 27 chapters, and I'll probably forget once or twice, other times I may want to read a few chapters, so March 1st, this book should be read, and a new one will await my eyes. Maybe on the 28th, I'll write a review to finish off the month. My sister in Minnesota has already asked to borrow it, so I'll either mail her the book, or wait until she comes back for a visit and I'll pass the book along to her.

BTW, I read the intro and first chapter right before I typed this, so I'm already getting a good start.


Another resolution I'll be working on was suggested by the hygenist I had a teeth cleaning with on January 20th. Floss my teeth. I don't brush my teeth everyday (I don't leave home everyday, so it doesn't come to mind), let alone 2-3 times a day like your supposed to, I never flossed my teeth since it always seemed to get stuck between my teeth, and with the troubles I'm having now, this resolution is needed badly! It was suggested that I start out slow, so for February, I'll floss once a week, March it'll increase to every 6 days and so on. It was also suggested I use those floss stick things, my husband keeps those things stocked in the apartment, and if by some chance there isn't any around, there are several of those regular boxes of floss around here. Brushing my teeth more often will also be included with this one. If I'm lucky, no teeth pulled in 2011! (I still need to get those 3 yanked out soon)

So, I have goals. There's others that need to be made, but I hesitate to, so I'll work on those 2, hopefully the others will come along as well.

Wish me luck!

No comments: