Friday, January 28, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in

Yay! It's Friday, hockey game tonight, online tomorrow, shopping should be done (hopefully!) and...



This week's questions are:

1. If you were a famous movie star, what types of movies would you star in?
Comedy definitely!

2. What is a vacation you would like to take if money were no object?
Hawaii, NYC, Italy, England, maybe Japan, I haven't really thought about this much, but off the top of my head, those seem like neat places to visit.

3. Did you have pets growing up?
Before I was 10 (we moved), I remember we had a black dog, a black cat for a while, then a gray kitty w/black stripes we found at the park. The cats ran away before we moved, the dog escaped afterwards. They were outdoor pets, dog was chained up in the backyard, cats mainly stayed by the back/main porch. We had a cat for a short time after we moved, then we found out who it belonged to. We also found out that many cats in that area have died of cat leukemia, so we never had pets again. Two years ago, a white cat I saw attempting to catch a peacock "was waiting at the door and told (my husband) that she lives here now" so she does.

4. What do you do for exercise?
Not much, I'm lazy. When I go shopping for groceries or whatever, I tend to walk the whole length of the store, sometimes twice instead of just walking to where I need to go & leave. When I'm doing the media runner thing, we park on the north end, media area is half way on the east? end, I walk all the way around the building at least twice a night after the 1st & 2nd periods, every goal sends me from one end of the section to the other & back,. 

5. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received as a MilSpouse?
None that I recall, but I can give out some to others that I learned on my own the hard way. Orders mean NOTHING!!! Orders can & will get changed or cancelled at the last minute. Not everyone in the military deploys, the ones that do seem to go on multiple deployments. Military ID's are NOT easy to get, so don't tell me it's not a "real" ID. Those "cushy" benefits that full-time military families seem to have is not what all military families have (this coming from a spouse w/no job, no schooling assistance, no insurance, & we have to live w/my mom since he can't seem to get a "real" job, or a housing allowance). Not all of us live at or very near to a "real base" (I don't count the NG "base" on the north side, the BX is only useful to buy alcohol, & that's not worth the drive there).

Does that cover everything???

To play along, visit Wifey's blog by clicking on the graphic above or to your left.

Hope your weekend rocks as well!


1 comment:

Rhe Christine said...

New follower here!

Your advice cracks me up. Its so true though. There are so many military people that are clueless as to what the NG or Reserves actually means. Now we are full time NG and people are so clueless. I rarely ever say AGR because its too confusing so I just say "Air Force, except we don't get all the benefits and none of the respect." *insert eye roll here*.

so glad to have found another Military Wife!
Rheanna @ Cammo Style Love
http://www.cammostylelove.blogspot.com