Friday, February 18, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in



1. What is your favorite MilSpouse blog (not including Wife of a Sailor who we all love, or your own)? submitted by Our Crazy Life (Wifey note: whaaaat? You can’t say my blog? No fun! LOL, just kidding)
How could the best one be left out of this question posted on her blog?!?! Oh well, I'll have to list some of the others I enjoy. 
First off, who DOESN'T love Mrs. Mootz? Seriously, she rocks! 
Hellcat Betty hasn't blogged in a while, but she came up w/a word I love to use (civilitary), so major props to her. 
New Girl is an Okie (like myself) who lives in Italy (a country I would like to at least visit someday), & she's a pretty good photographer. 
Another photographer I like is Ann Marie, she writes great posts, takes great pics, has some of the cutest kids I've seen, and we share a middle name. 
Last, but certainly not least, a fellow CBRN wife Nadine. She's a mom to three boys & seems to do lots of volunteer work around FLW.
I haven't been reading many MilSpouse blogs lately, so there's probably others I'm missing out on.

2. What are your favorite perks about your s/o being deployed (we all know there are perks)? submitted by Ramblings of a Marine Wife
In those 3 weeks he was gone, I enjoyed watching tv shows he hated, listening to music out loud he hates, eating food he hates, & all those other things I enjoy that he hates. 

3. How long did you date your before getting engaged? Married? submitted by Utterly Chaotic
We dated about a year and a half before we were engaged, a few month or so after that he went to Basic/AIT, he was gone 5 1/2 months, then 3 weeks after we came back (& I had my car wreck), we got married.

4. What do you think your would do if s/he wasn’t in the military? submitted by Adventures of M-Squared
Same thing we do now w/less headaches & the ability to plan out things more.

5. If you could talk to the Secretary of (fill in your appropriate branch) what is one suggestion you would like to bring to their attention in order to improve the lives of military families?  submitted by My Life as His (Air Force) Wife
Don't treat your Reservist & NG like shit! Don't give them last-minute orders & expect all of the civilians in their lives to bend over backwards to help. If you give out orders for a specific time & place, then keep your word, don't send a soldier away for a month to the wrong base for a class that's full, so he has to return home 3 days later. If you send someone to a MOB site for deployment, then don't have that dentist hate on another Army dentist's work, & insist on the soldier being sent home to have a civilian fix the problem that your dentist was too lazy to fix themselves, leading to deployment orders being cancelled. If your gonna tell a soldier he's going to do all this stuff, then have them do all that stuff.

Tonight's hockey game is Military Appreciation Night sponsored by the National Guard, w/money raised for the local Blue Star Mothers, so hopefully it'll have a great turnout (despite the recent losses). Have a great weekend!

No comments: