1. Aside from no deployments, what is one thing you would want to make the MilSpouse life “perfect”? submitted by Oh How Delightful
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no deployments doesn't make MilSpouse life "perfect". Deployments are the only chance that some spouses can even consider having health insurance & the benefits that come with that. I doubt deployed units ever have to worry about whether or not the military will actually pay them, or that their assignments will be shortened greatly (one month turning into 3 days, one year becoming 3 weeks, etc.).
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no deployments doesn't make MilSpouse life "perfect". Deployments are the only chance that some spouses can even consider having health insurance & the benefits that come with that. I doubt deployed units ever have to worry about whether or not the military will actually pay them, or that their assignments will be shortened greatly (one month turning into 3 days, one year becoming 3 weeks, etc.).
2. Just how many peppers did Peter Piper pick? submitted by Married into Army
What?!?! She picked one of my questions? Ah, thanks!
What?!?! She picked one of my questions? Ah, thanks!
Now my answer, I have to agree w/Wifey's response, if his wife's there making sure he's doing it, then a whole lot more then he would on his own.
3. If you could have any career in the world with nothing holding you back, what would you do? submitted by It’s My Party and I’ll Cry if I Want To
On-air at a music radio station. Although, I have enjoyed listening to "my boss" do play-by-play at hockey games, I'm really not a sports person (could go either way, I wouldn't be too caught up in the game, but the enthusiasm may not come out on air like it needs to). I have also enjoyed doing some PR for the hockey team & other various things, while the two can go together ("my boss" does both), most of the time they're separate jobs.
On-air at a music radio station. Although, I have enjoyed listening to "my boss" do play-by-play at hockey games, I'm really not a sports person (could go either way, I wouldn't be too caught up in the game, but the enthusiasm may not come out on air like it needs to). I have also enjoyed doing some PR for the hockey team & other various things, while the two can go together ("my boss" does both), most of the time they're separate jobs.
4. Do you have a service oriented tattoo and if so what is it. If you don’t what would you get? submitted by The Squid’s Accomplice
The only person in our apartment w/a tattoo is the cat. I guess her green line on the belly could be her way of having a service oriented tattoo. She had it before she decided to live here, so its probably green since her fur is white & her eyes are green, or that's the color the vet who fixed her had available at the time. Vx would like to get a black light tattoo of something CBRN related; if I ever get one, it would either be a star or some musical notes.
The only person in our apartment w/a tattoo is the cat. I guess her green line on the belly could be her way of having a service oriented tattoo. She had it before she decided to live here, so its probably green since her fur is white & her eyes are green, or that's the color the vet who fixed her had available at the time. Vx would like to get a black light tattoo of something CBRN related; if I ever get one, it would either be a star or some musical notes.
5. Imagine a block of time has opened up in your busy day for you to take a class in anything you like. What subject would you choose? submitted by To The Nth
I have the time, but no desire to take any classes. Nothing seems interesting enough to want to pay the money & sit in a classroom to learn about. If it was an independent study, I know I wouldn't do it, it'd probably be the same way online.
Two away games this weekend for the hockey team, they need to win these & this other team (they're not playing them) needs to lose, so my team has a better chance of making the playoffs! The regular season ends in about a month, so keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:
The pepper question seems to be generating some amusing responses. :-)
I've often thought that working on-air at a radio station would be a lot of fun. As long as I didn't have to listen to my own voice!
Post a Comment