Monday, February 28, 2011

Military Monday Family Blogger Carnival

Military Mondays Family and Spouse Carnival at Army Wives' Lives


Welcome to the Military Monday Family Blogger Carnival! This is my first time to join in, I hope its as much fun as @ArmyWivesLives made it out to be on twitter. This post will explain how my husband's drill weekend went over the weekend.


First off, his unit is about 2,100 miles from our home, so this weekend's activities occurred at "Fort Couch" (home). Since most everyone in his unit is like himself (live far away), they have conference call(s) on drill weekends, then they make up their drill time at a nearby unit, recruiter station, or as Vx sometimes does, funeral details & honor guard ceremonies w/a nearby unit he used to be part of (if you read some of my other posts, I call this nearby unit Warriors).


Incase the name didn't give it away, my husband Vx is a CBRN (Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear, every unit's supposed to have at least one), he's a chemical warfare instructor, or he's supposed to be.


Last year right after he joined the unit, he had to have a hernia operation. This occurred right when he needed to take some classes so he could teach & go to WLC, also the unit was changing some of their higher-ups. In typical Vx fashion, nothing has worked out like it should have.


There were 2 calls this weekend instead of the normal 1, someone new mentioned that 2 of them hadn't done anything for the unit like they were supposed to, & one (Vx) has been asking about the classes every week, so hopefully the ball will finally get rolling!


One of the conference calls was a class, I don't remember the title, but both of us had the impression it was about DADT, it wasn't. I wonder if it really was supposed to be & the person got off topic or couldn't find enough info on the subject.


While he's been wearing them more lately with the cold temperatures, he usually saves his marshmallows for these type of weekends. They're so attractive & the cat (P, she's his girlfriend, & the closest thing to an Army brat we'll probably ever have) likes to knead on him when he wears them!


Before I ramble too much more or get off topic, I'll end my post for this week. Thank you for stopping by, feel free to read some of my other posts (very random topics, then there's Random Thoughts Tuesday), if you click on my name to your right, you can read an intro post I wrote about us, just feel free to make yourself at home here, no need for comments unless you really want to, just explore & have fun!


2 comments:

Candace April said...

Thanks for joining up on the @ArmyWivesLives linky--I hope I'll see you back again each week!

Is your husband National Guard or Reserve? My DH used to be Active Duty but now he's Reserve.

Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

I'm a National Guard wife too (thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way!), and my husband and I travel back to my parents for drill weekends, they're about an hour closer to where he drills. There were other units closer, but they didn't have what he wanted. So, anyway, I'm with ya on the distance thing. He's done one meeting via phone so far, but everyone has been expected at drill. Kinda interesting how the Guard (or are you Reserve) works.