So I finally get my ass to bed about 5 am w/laundry in the dryer, I wasn't concerned since Vx was getting up about 8. So when his alarm (cell) goes off, P being the (mostly) good kitty she is decides to help wake up the people, except she came after me, not him. All day while I was trying to sleep, she bit me, got in my face (hope colds aren't contagious to cats), laid on me, every attempt she could think of to get me up, and despite me continuously telling her "Quit biting me!" and "It's not time for me to get up!" she continued on. She's a good alarm clock when you need one, when you don't she's a pain in the ass, so no sleep for the sick. It also didn't help that Vx left his phone at home and he kept getting phone calls and text. I feel worse today than I did yesterday, and I think that's why.
Vx went to the movies w/a Sgt. f/Warriors (the source for some [if not all] of the texts/phone calls) while I stayed home. When Vx got home, he said some things that put me at ease, sounded like he understood my frustrations and he feels them as well, not just about the army and possible deployment, the whole job thing. He went to AIT w/the impression that every unit needs at least one CBRN so him getting into a unit that deploys should be no problem, now he's saying not all units have CBRN's nor do they care about chemical attacks. I tried to explain how that's about the same as my situation, I went to school for a job that's being taken over by computers. There's nothing else I really want to do, and that's the same for him, he doesn't want a different MOS and he doesn't want to go back to VA for that school or deploy w/Salsa, even though he wants to deploy. The "short bus" isn't appealing to him. Maybe things will actually start to improve now, of course now that I've actually said it (out loud) they probably won't, that seems to be my luck. The job situation has also been discussed on another blog, Left Face. These ladies have been doing a series on milspouse jobs, and have blogged on other topics, so check out what LAW, Tucker, and the other ladies have to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment