Sunday, April 26, 2009

confused

Does anyone ever feel they need way more advice than they can offer anyone? I am so indecisive, shy, nervous, afraid, and confused about everything, I tend to act before thinking at times, or I waste so much time thinking that I don't do anything, and when I do make a choice in a timely fashion, most of the time, I make the wrong choice or it just doesn't work out. One supposed example, about 18 months ago, I decided to pull out in front of that damn 3/4 ton pickup instead of waiting another 5 minutes or so for an opening, or just turn right and take another route to work that day. I remember the days before having trouble getting an opening in both directions so I could make that left, I was trying to attempt this about 5:30pm during the week. The route I usually take to work is a bad way to go during this event, so I was trying to go another way that works. Last Sept.-Oct. when this event happened again, I was at a different post, so going my normal route was the best option then. Like I've mentioned before, my husband told me to pick a place to live since I'll be the one living there while he's gone, but he doesn't like any of my choices despite him telling me about those places. I don't have another job, I don't know what kind of job to try and get, last time I actively looked, after 2 years, I couldn't take the rejection anymore and quit looking. I don't want to try that field anymore, but it's all I've wanted to do since I was about 15. I don't think I interview well, I'm shy, so it's hard to talk to someone, especially a stranger. I didn't have to interview for my current job, my mom just told our boss about me, and I've proven to her that I'm dependable. But those jobs that require being dependable are now the jobs I can't handle because of my injuries. I'm still paying for that mistake I apparently made 18 months ago, my leg hurts quite a bit, more so when it's cold (it's always cold at my job, unless your outside in 100 degree Wx), I don't remember the accident, so idk if and when I'm making the same mistake again, I get confused easily (head trauma, short term memory loss), and my husband and I have to be careful touching the left side of my face (where the glass was removed). My right leg falls asleep easily, it's hard to "wake up" and it shakes a lot more than it used to. I still put more weight on the right leg than the left, and it will hurt from that, when I make the effort to switch, the left leg hurts. I'm still going to physical therapy, but I can't tell if it's helping or not, my balance seems worse than I remember it being, but I don't remember things very well. What am I supposed to do about anything and everything? I'm only typing out about half of it!

2 comments:

jlc said...

Hope you find what you're looking for! :(

What's your degree in? Perhaps you could get someone to look over your resume and spruce it up first.

Resumes are the very first impression. If you have a good one, you've got everything.

Mrs. Mootz said...

I'm sorry that things are so hard right now. I'm glad though that you made it through what sounds like a terrible accident and that you're still working really hard to try and make yourself stronger. I hope you can find a job because it sounds like thats a really big step you're trying to take right now :)

Just keep in mind though that employers can NOT take your injury into consideration when looking at you as an applicant as long as you can perform the job duties with accomadations. When you do interview/apply don't allow the employer to make an issue of your injuries/disabilities and don't you either. As long as you can perform the job with accomadations, your injuries should not come into play at all.