Uh, I'm sick! Thanks gun nuts, your probably the reason I'm sick now! I skipped physical therapy today, it's 1 am and I'm still in my pj's, I woke up about 3 pm the final time. Vx went out to dinner w/my friend and her son, she owed us money and she wanted to pay us back, I stayed home. I was planning on doing some shopping "tomorrow" but I probably won't feel like it, besides we don't really need anything and Vx's pay f/his current unit still hasn't came through, so we're kinda broke. He found out about the job he was supposed to have this summer w/his former unit, I'll call them the Warriors, Vx was supposed to work in a lab for them this summer, but they gave it to someone else in the unit since they just lost their job. It was only supposed to be for a few months, but it was a few months of steady income and w/no one wanting to build houses or remodel them, that would've been really nice.
Not to get off topic, but the Sex and the City episode that's on tv right now is the episode where this guy dressed like a sandwich was telling Miranda to "eat me!" It distracted me, now back to our regularly scheduled program...
Warriors are also the same unit that told my husband they'd get him deployed several times last year and they didn't. They're also supposed to be this higher command unit, they got him transferred to his current unit (I'll call them "Salsa") who sent him to VA just to be sent back home a few days later. Salsa is probably already hearing about some of this f/Warriors over the whole pay issue and now this VA shit.
Speaking of jobs, my boss asked me Sunday if I was going to stay w/her or transfer to another dept. like last summer, I told her I didn't know yet. 2 summers ago, I had a specific job I did, last summer I transferred for more and steady hours, the person who took my place can't do it this summer, so she wants me back. 2 summers ago, I had a better tolerance for cold and bitchy people, I lost that about 18 months ago after my car wreck, now I have a low tolerance for snobby rich people who've never been told they can't do something, and the hot cold hot cold hot environment, difficult for layering & on my "terminator leg". I'd work 80-90 hours one week, then be off work for a few weeks, and so on til November. The other dept. would only be for 2 months, and they didn't do a good job running things the last few years, so idk if I want to deal w/that BS or not. I just wish my injuries would get better, of course I had trouble getting a job since 2004, that's what I get for thinking "Since people before me didn't graduate high school were able to get that kind of job, why should I have trouble doing so w/a HS diploma and graduating f/a tech school?" Now those "drop outs" want their employees to have bachelors and masters degrees in the field. Despite what some military spouses want to believe, this is NOT a military spouse problem, for me, this started WAY before I met my husband, and before he decided to re-enlist!
Enough bitching for now, I'll try to sleep off this cold again, wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment