Yes folks, I decided to return for a second time! Yay!
So, this previous weekend was drill weekend. If you haven't read my other posts, my husband's Army Reserve unit is 2,100 miles away, so he does RST at a later time. Since most of the other's in Vx's (my husband's) unit are also far away, they do a conference call. This weekend, it turned into 3 calls. Originally it was planned to have one Saturday around noon our time, so Vx decided to go do a road march at a park. He gets there, takes about 3 steps, then someone calls him, they decided to have a second call at that time. He walked 3 steps back to the vehicle & came home (these calls need to be done near a computer). Shortly after that call, the second one started. During the second one, a third was scheduled for Sunday.
The third call, I guess some things for AT were planned, he has orders! I forgot how great this unit is about planning out things, AT is in about 6 weeks, the previous 2 units would have waited to give out orders until a few days before. No flight itinerary yet, but we at least have dates. AT is the only time they are required to report to their unit, Vx's dad & younger sister live near his unit, so he'll probably have a chance to visit them again on the Army's dime.
So you might be asking how he plans to make up the time, as an E4 w/secret clearance, it usually involves shredding classified papers for warriors, a nearby unit. He wants to go to the field w/warriors on their drill weekend, which is next weekend. He does love those MRE's, but since he's went vegetarian, idk how it'll go over for him. I guess I better start the "Koom-by-ya" jokes again!
Also, something else kinda military-related, I've started looking for jobs in broadcasting again, I found one in a town next to a base! While the job isn't exactly what I want to do, if it will get my foot in the door a little more than the hockey team has, I'll do it! Two others I found are more along the lines of what I'd like to do, one of them is even in the same city we live in, but w/the bad luck I've had breaking into broadcasting the last time I tried to (about 7 years ago after finishing school), I'm not holding my breath on getting any of them! It would be nice to live closer than 2 hours from a real base, though...
If you want to join in, visit Army Wives' Lives by clicking on the picture above.
Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a good day!

2 comments:
I've always wondered how I would do as a vegetarian in the military--although I suspect my dietary choices would be the least of my problems! My husband, though, will eat anything!
Thanks for stopping by the Military Monday carnival!
Hey I am your newest follower and I thought I would say HEY! You sound busy! Anyway you can handle it, take care and visit me sometime at www.armytankerswife.com
Cris
Post a Comment