After that, I started "working" for a hockey team on the blimp crew w/my husband (not getting paid). I caught the GM's & the play-by-play broadcaster's attention. January 1st, after the broadcaster found out about my broadcasting education & mentioning how nice it would be to have someone to help out during games, I started doing that. I have finally gained some experience in my field! I filled in unexpectedly on play-by-play one night when "my boss" was the arena announcer (normal guy was gone), ran the sound at the post-game show, and gradually added tasks to my job.
Friday, I received a message on Facebook from the summer dept. boss, he offered me a job! I have never been offered a job before from the boss! It's not exactly what I have done in the past, but the rules should be close enough to the same & I miss it out there. It's not a job in what I went to school for many years ago, the hours are in the evenings & weekends (formerly I worked mostly graveyards all the time) which doesn't really bother me. It's only for 2 months (hence the summer dept. nickname), but if I try to get a broadcasting job again, it will more likely than not be the same hours since I'm just starting out. I don't want to leave summer dept. boss in a bind (never did before, probably why he wants me back) if a job comes around & I have to quit. I have tried getting a job in my field before w/no luck, so I'm not very optimistic.
Should I take the summer job, or start searching for one in my field while my experience is still fresh?
P.S. Facebook can be amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment