Friday, April 29, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in

1. Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you? submitted by When Good People Get Together
There's been talk in the past about a possible instructor job for Vx at a base about 4 hours f/here, if he ever does that, we'll probably be apart. It's only supposed to be for about 5 months, but I assume I'll have a job here by then, so I'll work here & one of us will visit the other on weekends (probably him visiting me more than me visiting him). Idk how big of a benefit it would be for us, but I know it's something he would like to do. 


2. What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? submitted bySarah Ruth Today
Seeing how some people react to my husband when he's in uniform, they are so thankful for him serving our country, which is nice to know there are people like that in the world.


3. If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it…would you?  submitted by Trust. Love. Believe. Bake.
I'm pretty sure I would, it hardly feels like we're a military couple most of the time. I'm also working on my answers surrounded by camping gear (he's making up his drill time w/warriors this weekend, they're going to the field)


4. What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation? submitted by Army Soldier, Army Wife
One year turned into 3 weeks, I was sleeping what few hours I had to sleep between long shifts when he returned, so he had his sister pick him up from the airport & she brought him home. This was all last minute as well, during a busy time at my job, so I couldn't get any time off. He woke me up when he arrived, then I went back to sleep. We knew they wanted to send him back home to get dental work done, but no one knew when until he was taken to the airport.


5. If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something?  submitted by Tiara’s & ACU’s
Vx's middle name runs in his family, so if we ever have kids, I'd probably give the boy that name as his middle name. While it wasn't really intentional, my names do run in the family on my dad's side (one of his sisters has the same middle name, a distant cousin's grandma has the same first & maiden name as me), so maybe if we have a girl, I'll work my names into hers somehow.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I like your answer for #2. That's the way I feel too. I was going to put that, but everytime I tried to write it, it came out sounding wrong. LoL.

Hope you have a good weekend!

Christine said...

When my hubs came home we had a older lady thank him for his service and thank me as well! Made me tear up - so true! :-)