I kinda found this funny: Congressmen Sullivan checks into Betty Ford for drinking problem. I don't find alcoholism funny, I saw some of the struggles Buddy went through w/his, the part I found funny is this is the congressman that Vx and Boston visited w/about their missing pay. I joked w/Vx via text that he caused his drinking problem.
I showed up to work a few minutes late, not a big deal here, the reason for it kinda bugs me though. A firetruck was responding to a 911 call at my apt. complex. There wasn't a fire that I'm aware of, they were just there first, and parked right behind my car. Then the ambulance showed up, they weren't acting like it was life threatening, they walked to the apt. then walked back w/I assume someone on a stretcher (saw the stretcher, not the patient), visited for a little bit, then the fire truck moved around so the ambulance could leave, the fire truck pulled up to a near by area, and I left for work behind the ambulance. We pay a little extra on our water bill every month for free ambulance service, so it was probably someone called them so they wouldn't have to drive to a hospital or something. We'll see if they have the same trouble that I had after my wreck (kept getting bills for the ambulance ride, manager finally sent the co. a letter and they quit). I understand responding and not always knowing if it's serious or not, better safe than be sorry later on, it's something that occurs at my job, if a jockey or rider gets thrown f/their horse, if they can't walk away ok, 911 is called, that is also why at the track, no one rides on it unless medical personnel are there. I've also escorted crews into areas, I took firefighters into an arena at ES once for a woman who ended up having back surgery because of her injuries, I've also rode on the gator yelling at people to move so the ambulance could get to the track. What bugged me is the fire department always responds even if they're not needed, and they are more in the way than the ambulance, happens at my job as well. They get to the scene quicker and even though the ambulance is there, they still hang out sometimes after the ambulance leaves. I do feel sorry for them when they have to respond to messed up fire alarms, especially volunteer dept.'s like my home town's was, the school I went to had fire alarms that would go off because the air filters needed to be changed, and everybody would have to wait outside until the volunteers showed up (which if they work in a further away town would take a while) to check everything out. My mom's current job, the alarms were messed up horribly. Some nights the fire department would show up 3 times in 13 hours for false alarms, while there's a station real close to her job, she couldn't tell them it was a false alarm until they were already there, and they would still do the walk around to give the rookies something to do. At my job, the alarms in the simulcast building of FMT seem to be from the same company. Last summer, that same thing happened a few times. There's other aspects of my job that would be easier if it wasn't for the fire marshall, but I won't go into those issues.
Vx may be staying at Salsa longer, guess they want him there til the middle of the month, he told them he had to be back at work sooner than that, he's only supposed to be there til early next week, so we'll see. He's still there, so they're doing better this time, and I think he's been speaking to some people about the bs he's went through because of them.
I showed up to work a few minutes late, not a big deal here, the reason for it kinda bugs me though. A firetruck was responding to a 911 call at my apt. complex. There wasn't a fire that I'm aware of, they were just there first, and parked right behind my car. Then the ambulance showed up, they weren't acting like it was life threatening, they walked to the apt. then walked back w/I assume someone on a stretcher (saw the stretcher, not the patient), visited for a little bit, then the fire truck moved around so the ambulance could leave, the fire truck pulled up to a near by area, and I left for work behind the ambulance. We pay a little extra on our water bill every month for free ambulance service, so it was probably someone called them so they wouldn't have to drive to a hospital or something. We'll see if they have the same trouble that I had after my wreck (kept getting bills for the ambulance ride, manager finally sent the co. a letter and they quit). I understand responding and not always knowing if it's serious or not, better safe than be sorry later on, it's something that occurs at my job, if a jockey or rider gets thrown f/their horse, if they can't walk away ok, 911 is called, that is also why at the track, no one rides on it unless medical personnel are there. I've also escorted crews into areas, I took firefighters into an arena at ES once for a woman who ended up having back surgery because of her injuries, I've also rode on the gator yelling at people to move so the ambulance could get to the track. What bugged me is the fire department always responds even if they're not needed, and they are more in the way than the ambulance, happens at my job as well. They get to the scene quicker and even though the ambulance is there, they still hang out sometimes after the ambulance leaves. I do feel sorry for them when they have to respond to messed up fire alarms, especially volunteer dept.'s like my home town's was, the school I went to had fire alarms that would go off because the air filters needed to be changed, and everybody would have to wait outside until the volunteers showed up (which if they work in a further away town would take a while) to check everything out. My mom's current job, the alarms were messed up horribly. Some nights the fire department would show up 3 times in 13 hours for false alarms, while there's a station real close to her job, she couldn't tell them it was a false alarm until they were already there, and they would still do the walk around to give the rookies something to do. At my job, the alarms in the simulcast building of FMT seem to be from the same company. Last summer, that same thing happened a few times. There's other aspects of my job that would be easier if it wasn't for the fire marshall, but I won't go into those issues.
Vx may be staying at Salsa longer, guess they want him there til the middle of the month, he told them he had to be back at work sooner than that, he's only supposed to be there til early next week, so we'll see. He's still there, so they're doing better this time, and I think he's been speaking to some people about the bs he's went through because of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment