Friday, September 3, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-ins


Yay! It's Friday! Which means it's time for MilSpouse Friday Fill-In! I have enjoyed reading everyone else's answers to the same questions and I hope your doing the same.


This week’s questions are:

1. What is a weird/funny superstition that you have? 
(from A{muse}ing Mommy on a Pink Park Bench)
How I can't eat just one cookie, cracker, or any of the smaller stuff? My mom used to buy these cookies, the package had 4 different flavors, I had to eat one of each flavor. Oreo's, wheat thins, bite-size things, 2. It's a weird feeling when there's only one left in the package.  

2. What are your hopes and dreams for the years AFTER the military? After all, we aren't in it forever! (from Stetsons, Spurs and Stilettos)
My husband wants to stay in the Reserves forever (or at least as long as they'll let him), we already have a civilian life, so we'll probably just continue w/that, but w/more free time, less uncertainty, he'll have fever paid-for trips to visit his family, & a lot less bs!

3. Since [this] month is National Apple Month (no really!), I'd probably ask: What is your yummiest apple recipe? (from NH Girl Displaced)
Me? Cook? lmao! Uh yeah, I like cinnamon apples (my mom used to make apple pies all the time, before she baked the pie, she would give me some of the cinnamon-sugar apples), apples w/peanut butter, & caramel apples I've had at the fair the last 2 years (I watched one of their booths in a tent, so I may be bias a little bit).

4. How long have you gone as a military spouse without talking to your husband/wife during service? (from A Navy Princess and Her Little Sailors)
As a spouse? Maybe 2 days. When we were engaged, he was in Basic and AIT, so we went 2 or 3 weeks a few times.

5. I occasionally watch When I was 17... on MTV. So, what was something that was significant about your 17th year of life? (from Ashley Amazing)
    Starting my junior year in high school? Nothing that seems significant happened in my life when I was in high school and before that.

    That's it for this week, enjoy your holiday weekend!

    3 comments:

    Mrs. Mootz said...

    Caramel apples are so good! Our fair starts next week and I can't wait to get one!

    Unknown said...

    I love apples & PB...it's a favorite snack in our house!

    New Girl on Post said...

    You'll have to tell me how the fair is this year. Sean and I were just talking about how much we wish we could be there and go to the tent that has the awesome sauteed mushrooms!