Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

After forgetting a brief hiatus last week, guess what's back?

randomtuesday

I spent the weekend watching model airplanes that look like military planes fly. In other words, a bunch of grown men playing with toys. One had a plane set up so he could kill the engine and have it say, "Which way to Ireland?" from the movie The Spirit of Saint Louis. I saw why my husband was making a big deal about the name of his plane, most P-51's there were named Big Beautiful Doll. Saturday was windy when I was there, so he didn't fly the F-15 then (made of foam), but I saw it fly Sunday. I saw why he'd also like a rock crawler to haul the P-51 to the runway, there were bigger planes there being pushed and pulled by several people. I told him I would drive it, that way when he's flying, I can drive it off the runway.
Yesterday, I think the cat scratched me the worst she ever has. There's a scratch on my right arm by my wrist, bloody and puffy looking.

Also, I took my mom's bf to pick up his semi truck, you would think a place that repairs semi's, dump trucks and other large vehicles would have better parking then the tight space I had to squeeze into. At least their workers come out and help you back out of their driveway onto the street. I assume this was also the same truck mom had the dream of the three of us riding in.

He also had the joy of the cat waking him up, he didn't set my mom's alarm correctly, and his phone's ringer isn't working, so I opened the door slightly to talk to him and the cat came in. He is one of her boyfriends after all (Vx is the main one).

My sleep schedule is screwed up! I'm sleeping a few hours at night, a few during the day. Yikes! I just checked big event #1's website, I have 2 weeks to to get my sleep figured out. It says 16 days, but the boss usually starts me a day or two before. I still have no clue what I'll do this time, the job I did the last 2 years is gone, there's been cutbacks of how many people work and what hours they work, and since I haven't worked since June (when I did about 5 weeks of hours in 2, and then my husband's surgery), she may have "forgotten" about me (she does that sometimes). I also can't handle some jobs out there since I'm a smaller unarmed woman w/a bad leg.

I'm finally watching some more of my birthday present (Sex and the City Complete Series on DVD). Watching the show edited on tv is definitely not the same, some episodes weren't even shown on the station I watched them on, parts were removed for tv, either for time or content.

Part of me wants to watch The Outsiders, while part of me fears it would be too sad (this is why).

Vx met someone over the weekend that he fell in love with, a nuclear pharmacist who was visiting our area for her job. She's also into flying RC planes/helicoptors and Stargate. They found aspects of each others jobs really neat. Vx loves the fact that she gets to use this particular machine all the time and they compared radiation detectors (he has something like a watch for his, she had her rings and a pager with her).

Mom's bf got one of his vehicle windows knocked out. His insurance covered it, but it was a mess to clean up and a bit of a hassle to get it replaced. Nothing was stolen thankfully, he had a GPS and some other valuables in there.

Join in on the crazy random fun by clicking on the banner above or on the left sidebar.

Try to enjoy your day!

2 comments:

The Crazy Coxes said...

Those RC planes sound pretty cool! Amazing how much work people put into them!
Why would someone just come along and bust out the windows and not akeanything? Not that busting out the windows is cool - that's dumb!
Happy Tuesday!

Raven said...

I bet those planes are sweet!

It sucks when your sleep schedule gets screwed up, it's so hard to get back on track again.

Sex in the City is definitely much better on DVD. TV does cut out all the good parts.

Have a great day!