Friday, September 10, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-ins

Yay! It's Friday & time for...
Every week, Wifey posts questions that milspouses and significant others can answer, it's a fun way to get to know more about each other.


This week’s questions are:


1. Do you set goals for yourself during deployment?  What are some of them? (from Military Mommy)
I had some goals in mind, but since Vx's order's were cancelled before I was able to even start on them, they are still goals I want to accomplish badly!


2. What would you say to someone dating a military guy or gal? (from Mothering Off the Cuff)
Be prepared for tons and tons of camo stuff, a bunch of bs, and don't bother trying to plan much of anything, if you do, it won't happen. Not everyone in the military goes on deployments, orders can change or get cancelled at the last minute, if they are in the Reserves or National Guard, then their unit may not be nearby, it could be several hours away, some even have to leave their jobs at the last minute to complete tasks, and if they're like my husband, they'll expect you to drop everything at the last minute to help them out. The military doesn't care about you or their civilian life, some commanders don't even care about their own soldiers civilian jobs. 


3. If you have children, how do you prepare them to move to a new place? (from The Random Ramblings of A Household 6)
Vx & I don't have any children (unless you count the white furball), if we did have kids and were planning some kind of move, I would try to get them excited about the new place. Find out about nearby parks and other things that they would be interested in.


4. Name one hobby that gets you through alone time.  (from My Sailor's Mistress)
I'm not sure how to answer this, hobbies I used to enjoy aren't as enjoyable to me anymore, and I haven't really found any new ones that I like. I've been helping out with my husband's planes, he showed me a rock crawler that was used to tow an airplane, Vx would like to build one for that, and I think it would be cool to drive it for him, it would be something I could do.


5. What's the one food you don't ever get tired of? (from That Army Wife Life)
Pizza, I used to eat it almost daily and I still love it!


That's it for this week, hope everyone has a good weekend (I may end up being a warbird groupie).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My husband and son would eat pizza everyday. You have a nice looking blog here. Have a great weekend!

Kristine