Friday, October 1, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-ins


This week’s questions are:
1. What is the silliest get-up you have ever worn outside of a Halloween party? (from To The Nth)
I feel silly wearing 3 layers of clothes to work when its 100 degrees outside. I once wore gloves with short sleeves because my hands were sunburned and I couldn't find any sunscreen.

2. What is something that you gave up in order to live the military lifestyle? (from Pennies from Heaven)
The ability to plan out things.

3. If money wasn’t a factor and you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? And why? (from Life and Times of a Displaced Jersey Girl)
New Girl on Post has helped to grow my fascination of Italy (where her & her husband are stationed). I never thought about that country much until I started reading her stuff (she's also from the same state that I'm from, which might help). I've also been interested in England, and I once went through a "Japan would be cool!" phase. Reasons: As a picky eater, I know I'd be in heaven in Italy, since I practically live on italian food. England seemed like a neat place because of the queen, they speak English (I know it's different than the English spoken in the USA, but there wouldn't be the language barrier as bad there). Most of my fascination for Japan was for a few smaller reasons; one of the kids I graduated with (we were both at the same school from Kindergarten to Senior Year), his dad played baseball in Japan, among other US places before he retired. Also the Winter Olympics were held in Nagano in 1998.

4. If you were going to join the military, what branch would you join? Or which MOS/rating would you choose? (from Anonymous)
I know other branches have this job, but the information I just found on a google search showed Army MOS's 46QJournalist or 46RBroadcast Journalist. My dream job since I was 15? was to work in radio, both of these are similar to that (especially 46R). I'm a shy person, so being on tv doesn't appeal to me, but I would like to work behind the scenes (I've interviewed for Master Control a few times, they make sure programs, movies, commercials, interviews and footage for news stories, sound bytes, Wx break-ins, etc. are displayed on the screen at the right times. I also wouldn't mind talking on mic for radio, if I'm in a studio by myself, I can talk, no shy-issues for that. 46Q's seem to mainly write press releases and release photographs, while those are things I'm not into as much, it would be more behind the scenes, and close enough.

5. What is your favorite thing to make for dinner? (from Armendinger Party of 4)
Me? Cook? LMAO!!!
Most of my cooking is tuna/chicken helper, or other box meals with everything (or most everything) included.
I have made a decent pizza before, it was cheese, store-bought crust, and leftover marinara sauce Vx had made.

That was fun, as always! To play along, click on the picture at the top of this post or on the left sidebar. Hope you have a good weekend!


1 comment:

Pamela said...

#5 That's our favorite kind of pizza!