Sunday, October 24, 2010

What Big Events? (AKA Update #1)

I guess this could be an update post from this one. Right about the time Big Event #1 started, I still hadn't heard f/my boss, so I called her, several times. One of those times someone picked up her phone and hung up on me (I assume her, but I'm giving the benefit of a doubt). I left her several voice mails that were never returned. Vx called his mom (who I work with), she said the boss wasn't calling me because I told her I didn't want to work in the arena, so she wasn't going to call me to work other posts. I SWEAR I NEVER SAID THAT TO HER! Either my memory's a lot worse than I thought it was, or she's making this up so there's more jobs available for her relatives. Before summer, my boss's sisters never worked third shift, this summer they did. A family friend of my boss (old pervert) used to get quite a few hours, his were cut back so much that he handed in his badge, uniform tops, etc. A guy that used to work on occasion started renting a house f/the boss, so she started giving him tons of hour (I assume so he can continue to pay rent) instead of others. She even cut back on MIL's hours after she took off one weekend for her high school reunion.

Big Event #2 started a few days ago, and still nothing. Most people that work there have other jobs, and they use their vacation days for Big Event #1, so that leave some openings for Big Event #2, but I still haven't heard anything from her. This show actually uses the heat settings, but I guess she still "forgot" about me.

While this one event in November is not technically big, because of what the event is about (guns, knives, etc.), it does involve lots of workers. I bet she doesn't "forget" me when its time for that show! But, it's always freezing cold at the door she has me sit at, so who the fuck knows.

3 years ago (before event #2 was held at my job), the plan was for me to get a "real" job after event #1, but I had my car wreck during it, and wasn't fully recovered f/it until summer time, when work picks up again (it slows down after big events until April or May). The plan kept rolling over to after the big events every year since then, but it never happened for various reasons.

This year, it has to happen for real!

When it rains, it pours! Stay tuned for Update #2 to find out what else is going on.

No comments: