Recently a news story came out about a soldier killing several other soldiers at a mental health clinic.
Soldier charged in comrades' deaths showed stress
The thing that really bothers me about this story, he's on his third deployment! As a wife of a soldier whose been trying to get deployed for the first time, this really pisses me off! I don't know what his rank was, but if he was sent because of his specific job, then that's bs! Vx was sent to a school last month for a "dead MOS" just so he could deploy w/Salsa, and while the whole school issue didn't work out (not his fault), I guess they've decided to go ahead and take him as another CBRN for the unit because of his saw skills. Vx was also supposed to go to a school that would have helped him get a higher rank back in February, but that didn't happen either. I hope news stories of soldier w/many deployments wakes the Army up! Send soldiers w/no deployments before sending others again! Not everyone wants to, or should be deployed multiple times or have their tours extended, send someone to replace them that hasn't been there yet, those soldiers are out there ready to go fight for their country. I know it's not just the Army, my cousin (whose a Marine) was extended, and now that his enlistment is up, he's out of the Marines. I also know of another soldier who was deployed at least twice and now he's out as well. That kind of stuff is also costing our military people. If people keep leaving because of the shit they have to deal with, then who's going to replace the "higher ups" when they retire or are unable to stay in the service?
No comments:
Post a Comment