Tuesday, May 19, 2009

which unit?

Vx is getting promoted to color sargent for warriors. While that may not seem odd to some, take this into consideration: color sargent carries the unit flag when needed, this is a unit that he's not a member of. Apparently no one else in the unit wants to do all the flag stuff, so the 2 soldiers that RST w/the unit are in charge of the whole thing. Vx and Boston used to be in warriors, and after this supposed deployment, Vx is coming back to warriors and Boston is going somewhere else. Now Vx is being told that he's gonna spend a month w/salsa. The last time he was supposed to go somewhere for a month, he was home again 3 days later, other times he was supposed to go somewhere else to do something, that didn't happen at all, so I'm not holding my breath. The other day was his anniversary in the Army, yay.

In other news, my car was one of the vehicles recalled, I took it to a nearby dealership, they fixed that particular problem and informed me of another recall on my vehicle, something to do w/the steering. The plan is to drop it off at the dealership on Thursday morning, the car needs to cool off before they can fix it, and then we should be able to pick it up when Vx gets a lunch break.

I still haven't call that boss f/FMT about the summer job. They're already on lock-down, but the job I'm wanting to do usually doesn't get started up until closer to race time, so hopefully I won't be calling too late. The bs that happened last summer is partly the reason I hesitate to call this boss, but my MIL told my mom about some stuff that's happening at ES, sounded like I shouldn't be involved on that side this summer, and I don't want to deal w/the cold like that boss was wanting me to do.

No comments: