Tuesday, May 26, 2009

it's been an FMT kind of day

So I woke up early Monday for some odd reason. When I woke up, I found several text messages on my phone, 2 f/Buddy. He had the day off and thought he'd check in on me. I found out yesterday was his birthday, I'm such a horrible friend, I had completely forgotten when his birthday was. So we have something else in common: sometimes our birthdays fall on holidays (mine's sometimes on President's Day). He had been out at the river on the walking trails and I guess that made him think of me for some reason (we never spent time there, but it was near where I got married, but he didn't come). I told him about mom's new boyfriend f/her job and he made jokes about me doing the same thing (that's how I met him [FMT] and Vx [ES], & my mom's dated men f/her job before). I told him I'm back at FMT, he reacted the way I figured he would. It was a short but sweet conversation. Afterwards, the man who's doing my job 5 nights/week calls me, he wants me to cover for him Thursday night, I told him I would, so I'll get 3 nights guaranteed this week.

Last night, a musical guests I love and have loved for years was on Jimmy Fallon's show, this was the first time I had seen the show, it was good to see David, Andy and Neal again. I miss seeing those guys perform on a frequent basis, but I am glad they are getting the attention they deserve.

This week I'm gonna mess up my sleep schedule to get some things done, today I have to pick up a prescription during the times I usually sleep (about 8a-4p), so it'll be tough, but it has to be done (I need it tonight), sometime before the 30th I have to get my car tag renewed (8a-5p for the closest tag office), get my license so I can continue to work at FMT on Thursday (that's when they start doing them, I think they open at 9a), and I should probably make sure my car really is ok or not (my shop's hours are 8a-4p or 5p). I procrastinated on the tag (it expired on April 30th w/30 days grace), my car being at the dealership and Vx working last Thursday caused me to not pick up my prescription (we picked up the car after 4p), and Thursday was when I found out about FMT, so I wanted to make sure I slept well so I can stay up all night Friday night, and then there's Memorial Day, dr.'s office where my prescription is was closed Saturday=Monday.

Earlier while trying to pick out some clothes for the next few days (it helps me to do this when I have time constraints), I found a necklace I bought a few years ago, it was a horse shoe w/the word "love" written on it. I placed it on the hanger w/a red hair tie for Thursday night/Friday morning, I thought it was appropriate, you do have to have somewhat of a love for horses to survive employment for FMT, especially doing what I sometimes do. 

1 comment:

Mrs. Mootz said...

Good luck getting everything done! I totally procrastinated getting Stonewall's tags updated. I think we're almost at the end of the grace period, so I better get on that.