Monday, May 4, 2009

Gun show

What a weekend! I worked a gun show I've never worked at before, different building, different people running it, different dealers, but for the most part, same rules. As with many other gun shows, you'll see many acu-looking uniforms being worn, mainly violating ar670-1 (Vx's favorite rule), other military themed items (Vx bought some acu sunglasses), and how could I forget the one person I had trouble w/Saturday, a Blue Star Mom. She gave me the titanium excuse, my response, "So do I, I still can't let you in." Dealers were only allowed to use my door if they had a note, she didn't. I hate to think those kind of hateful people are the very ones who send our husbands and other military personnel care packages. I reported her to another security guard, idk if he reported her to the show, but he did talk to the others at her table and they apologized for her. Folks, just because there is a door there doesn't mean that you can exit out of it, many are there simply to make fire marshalls happy, we did have flag rope tied in front of it, which may have discouraged some, but it was loose enough that you could escape out those doors incase of a fire, and people that were allowed to use the doors were still able to. At guns shows in particular, how people enter and exit has to be monitored closely, guns have to be checked both times, tied, they can't be loaded, and the ones purchased have to be marked to leave the building. A gun was stolen this weekend, but the person was caught at the door, arrested, and the gun was returned to the dealer. This show was one of the smaller ones, so there wasn't as many crazy people there, but still interesting. I'm glad the hours were short, 8 hrs Sat. and 6 Sun., I wasn't feeling good all weekend, so it helped.

I better call the boss in that other department if I want to work there, I'm not too crazy about doing that job, but it is the best option, and it is 2 months steady work.

One good thing about the short hours, I got home just in time to see the Kentucky Derby! What a good race! I know my mom was hoping the winner would win and my brother bet on that horse as well. It's jockey was the same one that rode last year's winner, so you know he has to be pleased. What a great race!

No comments: