Friday, August 6, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-ins

I still don't know where this week has went (other than down the drain), but it's Friday again, and time for my favorite Friday meme:

Spouses, significant others answer questions that Wifey posts on Thursday so our blogs are ready for everyone's eyes on Friday. I have enjoyed seeing how others answer the same questions!

Here's this week's questions:

1. What is something you wished you’d learned to do earlier in life?
My mom felt that I could figure out how to do things when I was older and had to do them myself, so I never had to wash dishes, do laundry, cook or clean things growing up. She also likes to do things herself (how else will she know it was done right?), so I'm having to figure out how to do things on my own. Mom does help me out some, and Vx does as well, but it would be nice to cook a meal more complicated than tuna helper or those other box meals.

2. What is your biggest pet peeve with the military?

The uncertainty, while Vx is down at the moment, when he's not, I never know if he's gonna be home next week or not? If he's not, then is he in the right place or not, will he be gone for the ordered amount of time, or will he return sooner or later than that? Will he finally deploy or not? This family is either on or preparing for a FOURTH deployment, while my husband had his ONE deployment's orders cancelled after 3 weeks. He volunteered a few years ago, and he's still here. Higher ups have told him its because of his job, but when a former unit I've referred to as Salsa ordered him to attend school for a different job, they sent him to the wrong place, then when he arrived at the right one, the class was overbooked and he couldn't get in (a month long trip over in 3 days). 


3. What tourist attraction near you have you never seen?
I don't know if I should admit to this or not, but despite driving past it every week for about a year, I've never visited the Blue Whale on Route 66 near Catoosa, OK.


4. What are you avoiding doing right now?
Calling my boss to work, I know she'll want to stick me in that freezing cold arena, so I'm continuing to play the "I'm taking care of my husband" card. I know I need the money, but last time I was in there, it was colder than it ever been, I was wearing 3 layers of clothes (it was about 90 degrees outside, its now 100), winter coat, using a heating blanket, and I was still cold. I didn't feel the pain, cold, and bitches were worth it.



5. Wine, beer or liquor?
I like wine coolers, there's been only one wine I've tasted that I liked (concord? I don't remember the flavor, but red's have a better flavor than white, in my opinion), the only beers I like are the "bitch beers" (the flavored stuff, like smirnoff, doc's, and mike's), and the liquors I have drank that I liked were flavored or mixed with flavors (jack daniels & dr. pepper, captain morgan and coke, pomegranite martini, strawberry daqueri, grasshopper), so if I can drink one mixed w/something, then liquor, if not, wine.

If you want to play along, click on the banner at the top of this post or on the left sidebar to visit Wifey's blog. Please use her Mr. Linky when your post is ready, so she and others can visit yours.

Have a great Friday and weekend!

2 comments:

Mrs. Mootz said...

I can't stand beer either. I'm with you, though...if I have to drink it I prefer the lemonadey/sweet type beers.

Michelle said...

Don't knock the 'bitch beers' - they are so YUMMY! I love them, too!