This week's Random Tuesday Thoughts is brought to you by...
Monday
Only the craziest of crazy days happen on a Monday
and
Tuesday
It can't be as bad as Monday
(See, my broadcasting education wasn't a complete waste of time!)
So, Friday night, my husband said he saw a worm on P's butt, then proceeded to do a Stevie Wonder impression. This caused him concern, so Saturday, I called the vet's office. Unfortunately, I called too late that day to get her in, but there was a Monday evening opening, so I took it.
Saturday, I cleaned up the carrier the best I could, took the top off, then placed the bottom half by her food/water dishes, with the water inside. Sunday, I replaced the top, but left the door off, refilled the water dish, & placed a milk ring inside (one of her favorite toys). Monday morning before I went to bed, I removed the water, replaced the door, propped it open w/the water dish and stuck some newspapers inside. Last vet visit, after the fecal float, she pooped in her carrier, luckily on newspapers so it was easier to clean up. Right before Itricked placed her in the carrier, she started eating food, worried she might get car sick, I placed the food dish out of her reach, and cleaned up the crumbs remaining.
Then she tried to hide.
My mom had found some catnip-flavored treats somewhere, so I shook the bag, threw one in the carrier, then when she walked in to get it, I closed the door, and we left. The whole car ride there, she cried, I almost cried, I drove through construction zones nervously, trying not to drive like I normally do (slamming on the brakes, so she wouldn't fly out of the back seat), and I almost missed the turn to the vet, but we made it. I told the receptionist, "The crybaby in the floor has an appointment w/Dr. Smith." She kinda chuckled, and asked how to pronounce P's name (it's a persian name) so I told her how, explained what it meant and where it came from. Common questions asked. The assistant said she was beautiful, and looked at her eyes. Both of hers are green, she said something about most having blue eyes, or one blue one green. Also said most with blue eyes are deaf. If you read the first sentence, then you know she's not. Then I told her the story of her name while sheanal raped her collected a sample for the fecal float. Everything looked great, they gave her a pill there for her worms, vet suggested I use some different flea medicine on her, (something about heartworms being bad in our area), and if she has a reaction to her shots again (she did last time), call her for a pain pill. She's not acting as "pitiful" as last time, she's sitting up more, not sleeping as much, but she's still not eating, drinking or moving around much. If she's not better by Wednesday morning, I'll call and get a pain pill.
Think my day was bad? Vx's was worse and longer!
Vx was supposed to drive about 60 miles to work on something. Before leaving, he went to a supply place close to home. Good thing he did, his work vehicle overheated on the way there, so he has had to postpone that job, & he spent Monday working on his work vehicle. Since he wanted his cousin's help, he also helped his cousin out, which (in typical Vx style) turned into something WAY more complicated. Cousin's vehicle had a flat tire near the area Vx was gonna help him out at, then a blowout, since he hasn't been working in the heat as much as he normally does, Vx about blacked out several times. When they were going back to work on the vehicle, the aunt who was watching the cousin's kids started throwing up, so they got the kids, grabbed some dinner at Sonic, and went to work on the vehicle. Since he was supposed to start on another project closer to home Tuesday, he made an appearance there this morning, then drove out to yesterday's job afterwards. Since the other one is so far away, he's hoping to get it done in one day, if not, he's gonna sleep in his vehicle (not the first time he's done this), and finish it tomorrow.
Saturday, I cleaned up the carrier the best I could, took the top off, then placed the bottom half by her food/water dishes, with the water inside. Sunday, I replaced the top, but left the door off, refilled the water dish, & placed a milk ring inside (one of her favorite toys). Monday morning before I went to bed, I removed the water, replaced the door, propped it open w/the water dish and stuck some newspapers inside. Last vet visit, after the fecal float, she pooped in her carrier, luckily on newspapers so it was easier to clean up. Right before I
Then she tried to hide.
My mom had found some catnip-flavored treats somewhere, so I shook the bag, threw one in the carrier, then when she walked in to get it, I closed the door, and we left. The whole car ride there, she cried, I almost cried, I drove through construction zones nervously, trying not to drive like I normally do (slamming on the brakes, so she wouldn't fly out of the back seat), and I almost missed the turn to the vet, but we made it. I told the receptionist, "The crybaby in the floor has an appointment w/Dr. Smith." She kinda chuckled, and asked how to pronounce P's name (it's a persian name) so I told her how, explained what it meant and where it came from. Common questions asked. The assistant said she was beautiful, and looked at her eyes. Both of hers are green, she said something about most having blue eyes, or one blue one green. Also said most with blue eyes are deaf. If you read the first sentence, then you know she's not. Then I told her the story of her name while she
Think my day was bad? Vx's was worse and longer!
Vx was supposed to drive about 60 miles to work on something. Before leaving, he went to a supply place close to home. Good thing he did, his work vehicle overheated on the way there, so he has had to postpone that job, & he spent Monday working on his work vehicle. Since he wanted his cousin's help, he also helped his cousin out, which (in typical Vx style) turned into something WAY more complicated. Cousin's vehicle had a flat tire near the area Vx was gonna help him out at, then a blowout, since he hasn't been working in the heat as much as he normally does, Vx about blacked out several times. When they were going back to work on the vehicle, the aunt who was watching the cousin's kids started throwing up, so they got the kids, grabbed some dinner at Sonic, and went to work on the vehicle. Since he was supposed to start on another project closer to home Tuesday, he made an appearance there this morning, then drove out to yesterday's job afterwards. Since the other one is so far away, he's hoping to get it done in one day, if not, he's gonna sleep in his vehicle (not the first time he's done this), and finish it tomorrow.
Since this is supposed to be a random post, but turned into one of my normal bitchfests, now I'll make sure to post random things:
*Golden Oreo's are very yummy.
*Pest control came in this morning, so the kitchen stuff has been randomly placed in the living room, dining area, and mom's bedroom.
*My sleeping schedule has been random lately, I sleep a few hours during the day, and a few hours at night.
*I have a canker sore (is that what its called?) Its on the inside of my mouth, it hurts to brush my teeth, laugh, talk at times, and when objects touch it (drinks, food, lysine, etc.). My lip looks swollen and sometimes I seem to have trouble talking w/o feeling lots of pain. Usually lysine helps them go away (I get them quite a bit, usually citrus items cause them, but sometimes very salty chips and bad stomach aches can as well. I think eating too many potato chips the other night did it this time).
*My pajama bottoms have tinkerbell on them. I'm still wearing yesterday's shirt, it's gray w/music notes all over the front.
To join in on the random fun, visit Super Keely's blog by clicking on the picture at the top or on the left sidebar.
Hope your having a good day!

No comments:
Post a Comment