Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pics for the week 11/25-12/1

...or Wordless Wednesday (a few days late), I don't know, but I thought I might try this out, since I'm not much of a writer these days.

My husband's model airplane/helicopter club have been flying a blimp at hockey games, while I'm not a pilot, I am part of the crew, Vx calls me the "Crew Chief" while I tell people that "I do the paperwork" (we drop coupons f/the blimp & I placed most of the streamers on there).

Players warming up, this was a special night, the team wore pink jerseys that were auctioned off for a local breast cancer charity after the game.


I asked & received approval from the hockey team management to decorate the blimp pink for this game, this was before its first flight that night. The other pilots liked the idea in general, but not the blimp "looking girly" part.


The black mustang is a special edition car w/a pink stripe & ribbon in the back window. The wheels on the "Ice Girls" truck, the Mustang & the mascot's 4 wheeler are coated w/something that helps them drive on the ice w/o crashing into the walls.


Vx also added blue/white Christmas lights to the bottom, the team's usual colors are blue and red, so we bought these and removed the snowflakes. We had to modify the streamers lengths for safety, but the end result looked great!


Guess who missed us? Guess who we missed as well?


Also, during a trip to Target, I discovered a new name for fingerless gloves.



Hopefully, next week, I'll have a better clue about how to do this, I just thought it might be interesting to show pics f/my Blackberry that are part of my everyday life.

Hope you enjoy!

silver star

No comments: