So last Tuesday's hockey game wasn't as much fun as the last cheap beer night, but it was still a good game. Friday's game was the start of a 3 game stand w/this one team, last time both teams played each other, the other team slaughtered our team (idk if it had anything to do w/our team wearing special jerseys that night or not), so I'm glad they paid them back by winning the first 2 games in the series. I listened to the second game online since it was at the other team's home, so I got to hear my facebook friend again. The third will be played tonight at home. Our team has won the last 6 games in a row, & the last 8 out of 9 games (the pink jersey tops weren't lucky for them either, could this be a sign?).
My sister is driving my mom nuttier than she already is, lord help me! Luckily this sister lives far, far away and no one has heard her say anything about visiting for Christmas. Mom's bf said something about her moving back here, I believe mom's reaction was NO!!!!!!!!!!!
See why I'm her favorite?
Also, our brother is dating her first ex-husband's sister. They've been together for a while now, it still cracks me up! Our brother lives closer to our sister than mom & I do, so he can deal with her & her craziness.
Incase you were wondering about my Christmas stuff, no presents have been purchased yet, I won't be making any, the meal will probably be at the same place we had Thanksgiving at (Chinese buffet) since there's a game that night as well. I think the last time a Christmas tree was really set up was 4 years ago. That first non-tree year, between starting to walk again after breaking my femur & a severe ice storm in our area, we were lucky to have presents, & I did have to purchase most of the ones I gave out in January (no car+unable to walk=buying gifts difficult). After that, the cat w/her anry ways, was the main motivation and still is.
Have no fear, when presents start appearing, a Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake will be placed on top. It's a tradition I started about 10 years ago, my parents had presents wrapped up and sitting by a window, but no tree up. The tree did finally go up, then when my aunt felt bad about hosting a Christmas meal w/o a tree, I brought the Little Debbie tree to her house, placed it on the edge of her computer desk, the presents people brought were sitting beside & under it, so they were placed "under a tree" that year.
The club Vx flies with is having their Christmas party as a nearby buffet later this week. I guess I'll get to meet some more wives that put up w/the same "toys" that I do. Of course, most if not all of the other members are rich, &/or live in their own houses w/garages, while we live in a 2-bedroom apartment w/my mom & her bf. The members that are kids, one of their parents is also a member.
Join in on the random fun by visiting Super Keely's blog. Click on the picture at the top or on the left sidebar to participate.

1 comment:
After my Dad died in 2005 on Dec. 28th, no one really wanted to celebrate Christmas anymore...so my Mom stopped putting up a Christmas tree. After all of us kids moved out, she didn't decorate anything. Now that we girls are married and my brother has a GF, we sort of force Christmas on Mom. So she caved-in and bought a 2-foot fiber-optic tree which sits on the bar...lol. I should've thought of the Lil Debbie Christmas tree...you're brilliant.
Post a Comment