The General Manager! Wow! He's not the only staff member, one night I didn't feel like coming to the game, so I stayed home and listened to it online. I said something on facebook about it, and the broadcaster friended me! We exchanged a few messages, I told him what we've been doing at the games and he told me where he sets up (an area I have access to, but most other people don't). As a former "I want to work in radio!" geek, I haven't quit screaming inside about this "friendship" since.
Back to the GM, I've posted pictures that were taken on my phone, and tagged the team, venue, Vx & I in them (the RC club doesn't have a page), he really likes that, said something about giving him lots of free PR. I don't feel like I'm putting tons of effort into all of this, like I told him, I was just posting stuff at 3 am out of boredom.
Vx now wants me to take his nice professional-like camera to the games for some really good quality pics (instead of Blackberry pics). He also keeps telling me to go hang out w/the broadcaster, I just don't feel any time would be a good time, I assume he talks before game (I tuned in part way through the 1st period), does play-by-play during the games, and talks during most of the breaks and afterwards. Vx told me not to worry about the blimp, they can handle the parts I do. I think I would like just watching him work, but it would be nice to ask questions as well, and he may want to interview me on-air or something. I also don't want to give him the impression that I'm stalking him.
Another thing that kinda concerns me, I know very little about hockey, I attended and watched my first real game about a month ago, other than those Ducks movies and the scenes from The Simpson's, Friends, & other shows that have shown hockey, my exposure has been minimal. I know some terms, but not what they really mean (like Icing), which also concerns me.
Guess I should research hockey, and hope it makes some sense. Maybe study some PR stuff online while I'm at it, get some better promotion ideas than what I came up with on my own (stuff I've seen others do that caught my attention, some things I learned studying broadcasting as well).
This could also be a stepping stone for other things as well, idk, but word of mouth can be a good thing.
Maybe my dream will finally come true...
No comments:
Post a Comment