
Once again, it's Friday (where did the week go?), so its time for this week's MilSpouse Friday Fill-In. Visit http://www.wifeofasailor.com/ to participate, here's this week's questions (I edited one to fit my situation):
1. Tell us about your dream job... one that you could do regardless of pay.
The job I went to school for: on-air personality (radio dj). People do it because they love it, not for the money. It's a tough job to get (apparently), you used to be able to work at a station even if you were a high school drop out, now days your lucky if a PD will look at/listen to your stuff w/a Bachelors degree, let alone an Associates or nothing.
2. What is your most prized material possession (kids and pets don't count!)?
My Keeker doll, my mom made it for me when I was 2, blond hair, blue eyes (like I was), she went EVERYWHERE w/me! My mom made some dresses for her, saved some old shirts and panty hose I wore when I was little, and once while buying someone a baby shower gift I bought her some socks w/paw prints on them. She's sitting on the top shelve of the closet by some other dolls that some aunts made me.
3. What has been your favorite duty station and why?
Uh, I'll change this to my husband's favorite unit: Probably the first one, all but one person was chemical, the engineer wasn't, but he knew as much if not more about chemical warfare than some of them did! When a report came out stating that the US was not ready for a chemical attack, the Army's solution was to combine this unit with one in another state. Most of them transferred to other units closer to home. My husband along with 3 other chemical and the engineer were welcomed into Warriors. This newest unit near the west coast combines Vx's passion for teaching and chemical warfare, so in time, this one may become the favorite. He loves everyone in Warriors (it's also the closest, and the one he'll have drill weekends with) so its second right now, possibly third in the future.
4. What is your least favorite household chore?
Cooking, like a magnet I have says,
"I serve 3 meals:
Microwave
Frozen
TAKE-OUT"
I hate handling raw meat, people always tell me to put in a little of something, I want precise measurments, how much is a "little" and knowing whether or not something is cooked all the way or not. Our microwave sucks, so I typically cook in the oven so I know something is cooked well, not one side piping hot, the other frozen.
5. If you could give one piece of advice to a teenager today (not specifically a MilTeen), what would it be?
Being an adult sucks, enjoy your life while you can.
Have a great Independence Day weekend everyone! (First one I haven't had to work in 2 years!)
2 comments:
Oh I am NOT a cook either. I am using your magnet philosophy from now on. Thanks for sharing!
Oh my gosh. I hate handling raw meat too (though I do love cooking). Chicken is okay, but for some reason, handling beef skeeves me out. I have a meatloaf in crockpot. I had to stick my hands in it to mix in all the goodies and then form the loaf. I'm still twitching from it.
Thanks for participating and I hope you'll join us next week!
Post a Comment