Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

It's Tuesday again, and time for:

randomtuesday


Wednesday, my husband had surgery. While in pre-op, he made comments about how crappy of a job the drywall is. He does drywall, so he notices this stuff very easily. I asked if I needed to request he'd be moved to a room with better drywall, he said no. Then he proceeded to put on a funny puffy surgical cap.

During the operation, I saw a man in the waiting room wearing sweat pants and boots. I realize some need to wear loose fitting clothes (they told my husband to), but that seemed odd! Wouldn't boots be troublesome to wear if your having to wear sweatpants? After I broke my femur, I had trouble getting my left shoe on. This was in October-December, so it was too cold for flip-flops or sandals. It's July, our heat index has been in the triple digits!

Since the operation, we've had many tmi conversations. Who knew having a hernia operation would cause that kind of swelling and bruising "down there," yikes!

Early Sunday morning, I woke up my husband in a way that he thought I was on drugs, not him. While I was in the bathroom, I heard the cat messing around with the patio blinds. When I walked back into the living room/dining room/kitchen area, I saw a little snake curled up by the cat carrier. Being the girl I am, I proceeded to wake my husband up. He thought it was an earth worm until he finally got himself out of bed and saw it for himself. He grabbed a paper towel, picked it up, had me open the front door, then carefully placed it back in the grass between the front door and patio. I don't know which freaks me out more: a snake came into the apartment, the cat brought it into the dining room w/o killing it, or my husband going outside w/it naked. He said if he ever gets questioned by the police about that, he'll show them how "bruised" he looks down there. No way anyone could've seen anything down there in the dark!

Knowing the cat, she brought the snake into the dining room, then proceeded to clean herself excessively, maybe she played with it a little bit, cleaned, played, etc. Vx didn't seem to think there were any holes in the snake or anything. She'll start playing with something or attacking it, then quit to clean herself, then play/attack some more. She has to keep her perfect white fur clean!

Sunday nights dinner, uh! Originally he said he wanted Qdoba, then he changed his mind on our way there, wanted Chinese. Originally, we were gonna go to a chinese buffet near Qdoba, he said something about it having special meaning for him and this female friend, so he decided he wanted to try this sushi restaurant I've been telling him about (his favorite 2 are closed on Sunday's, this one I found online is open every day), luckily this conversation happened between leaving the apartment, and getting to the Expressway ramp (almost 3 miles), so I hopped on it and exited onto another highway that went near the sushi restaurant. On the second highway, he decides the road was too bumpy, so he had me exit onto a street, and we went to a different chinese buffet. While there, I found a picture of him, back when he was doing kung-fu, his group did lion dances at this place for the Chinese New Year. He was standing in the background for this pic, but he has been in the lion inside this place.

He didn't want to go home afterwards, so we went to the Wal-Mart that is located behind the Qdoba we were originally gonna go to. He tried to get a motorized cart, since he's having trouble walking, they were all on the charger and unavailable for his use. He had to get a wheelchair w/a basket. He pushed himself mostly, but he had me push him some. It was easier then when we were at the hospital Friday to see his cousin's baby, that wheelchair was heavier. We were aggravated the cart's weren't available at 8 pm. He weighs more than I do, and definitely more than I did when I broke my femur. He's much stronger than I am, so it wasn't as big of a deal for him to push me as it was for me to push him.

What's Thursday gonna be like? His post-op appt. is that morning. If he feels he's too drugged up to drive himself, then I'll have to drive him. The streets are bumpy in that area (so he'll be whining), and I don't know exactly where this office is (he's never been to this location).

Remind me why I let Vx come back home to recover? He never cared to get me health insurance ("you have the indians, you don't need it") but now he wants to add me to his policy. He didn't seem too concerned about moving, now he keeps looking on Craig's list for rentals. He didn't do this shit until I kicked him out! I don't want to spend the rest of our lives constantly kicking him out so he'll actually get off his lazy ass and do something! He's still not doing stuff, but he is injured, can't bend over or pick up more than about 10 pounds, so how much can I really say to him right now?

End of August, maybe September, he's supposed to go to WLC and his teaching classes. Both can be done where his unit's at, so they want him to do it back-to-back. It'll also be the second time this year, 3 total trips to visit his family on the Army's bill. It's probably been 17 years since I've visited my sister, I've never visited my brother since he moved 13? years ago.

Visit Super Keely if you want to get random as well! Click on the banner up top or in the left sidebar to visit her blog.

1 comment:

Keely said...

Yeah, I have the same problem with my hubby. But I didn't want to fight or kick him out in front of our kid, so I dragged him to counselling and yelled at him there.

Worked wonders, actually. We'll probably have to go every once in a while for the rest of our lives just to tune him in, but I'm willing to pay that price :)