I suck at it!
There are some that manage to daily (or almost daily) pop out a post, whether it be several posts typed out one day then scheduled to appear daily, or they force themselves to type one out everyday. I can't do that, my mind doesn't work that way. Well, I guess I could, but they would be posts about what I watched on tv, ate, where the cat bit/clawed me, what my husband &/or mom did that day to piss me off, etc. I'll spare you from that. If you really want to know what I have to say on a daily basis, twitter is the way to go. Short spurts of stuff, usually doesn't go together, easy enough for me to do.
If you are one of those people that would like to write daily, may I suggest some blogs and websites where you can get some inspiration?
Plinky posts daily prompts, and allows users to also suggest things. You can add photos and maps to better describe things. You can also set it up so when you fill out a prompt, it will either automatically post it to your blog or you can post it manually (this blog is manual, the one I keep private is automatic). I believe you can also set it up to post to Facebook as well, but I never do that.
The One-Minute Writer: C. Beth rocks! Last I counted she had 3 blogs, with daily entries on at least 2 of them. This one encourages people to take one minute out of your life and write about the daily prompt. There's even a pop out clock that will do a one minute countdown for you. Obviously some prompts will encourage you to write for more than a minute, which is fine.
Seven Days Seven Answers: Call Me Cate is taking a break from this one, but you may still get some ideas from this blog. She's also encouraging people to still participate on the days that no winners were rewarded, so if you have a worthy entry, you may get one of those nifty number buttons on my sidebar as well (or a different one)! While my entries were normally too short to want to turn into blog entries, yours may not be that way. I hope someday it will come back, but for now I'll have to sit, pout, and wish I hadn't been too busy (or a deer staring into headlights when I saw the prompt) to participate.
Some blogs do specific types of entries on specific days, here's a few I've found that I enjoy:
Keely has came up with some very random things to post on this day and encourages others to also get random with their blogs.

Wifey and her husband are both in the Navy (she's in the Reserves, he's an active duty sailor), she's only been doing this for two weeks, but she has came up with some really good questions so far!
This is Call Me Cate's main blog, the longest meme I've been participating in and my favorite weekly feature. All you do is describe something in six words, simple enough! It also has many participants and some will visit you as well.
All these ladies track the participating blogs, so please use their Mr. Linky's every week so they & their other participants will find your entry. Call Me Cate request that you use the exact link, so its easier to find that entry, to do this, when the entry posts on your blog, select that entry to come up on your screen, copy the link in your address bar, then go to their blog, find their Mr. Linky and paste the link in the appropriate box. I do this on all three so anyone looking for that specific entry can find it and not necessarily read my ramblings about P's latest mischief or how much my job sucks.


No comments:
Post a Comment