Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

How the hell is it Tuesday again?!?! Damn time off work. Oh well, it is Tuesday, so that means its Random Tuesday Thoughts.

randomtuesday

I'm typing this out on Monday night, there are fireworks going off outside. Two things about this:

1. It's July 5th, a Monday night about 10 pm.

2. We live in the city limits, and while our police force is a bunch of lazy fuckin pigs, it is against the law! They say the excuse is budget cuts, what was their excuse before the budget cuts? A few years ago when someone broke a window out of my husband's vehicle and stole an air compressor, along with some other tools, they told him to file a report online. Several months back when our parking lot was iced over, a drunk driver ran into a dumpster by some cars and got his car stuck. A cop did respond that time, but "couldn't do anything about it." Uh, you can't arrest him for a DUI or Public Intox? One person I knew has had to have a breathalizer installed on their ignition because of Public Intox, another lost their license for a year or so because of a DUI. This idiot got off free?!?!

See why I don't have a high opinion of the CEO at my job? He used to be one of those pigs!

Also on Monday, I noticed while doing laundry, that the litter box had very little litter, when my husband changed it on Sunday, there wasn't enough to properly fill it back up, so I decided while the sheets and clothes were in the wash, I'll make a trip to the next town (technically >1 mile away) and visit the Wal-Mart Supercenter (about 4 miles from the apartment). I wasn't trying to be quick or anything, so I grabbed a basket (I would need it for the kitty litter anyways) and roam around. Looking at my receipt, I bought some very random items while I was there:

Magazine
Reinforcement labels (the ones you put around hole punches that have torn)
July 2010-Dec. 2011 planner (my current one is cute w/penguins on the cover, but not very practical)
a female product
4 bags of Albacore tuna (for my husband)
kitty litter (for his "girlfriend")
$1.09 Dr. Pepper f/the McDonalds by the exit

Last week, I made a trip out of boredom to Target, almost as bad:
1 pair of Socks (like I really needed another pair of designer socks w/stars on them)
slice of red velvet cake (half still sitting in the fridge)
colorful star stickers
1 plant f/$1 section (technically I had 2 but was only charged for one, discovered that after I got home, tomato and cucumber)

During this trip I also tweeted about a yellow polka dot bikini I saw (w/a picture and my singing included).

Monday afternoon around noon (I'm normally sound asleep during the day, but my hours have been "normal" lately), mom's boyfriend came over, said, "You're awake!" my reply: "I'm weird!" his response: "Just like your mama."

Yes, I've learned from the best. As my dad said in those final days of the three of us under the same roof, mom ruined me. "Mr. Christian" (my dad) also called my mom a lying sack of shit. I couldn't even say the word "butt" around him, he had MTV, VH1 and E! locked out on the satellite (mom told me the code). He didn't like me sleeping all day, awake all night because they weren't "normal" hours, but he went to work at 4 am and to bed at 8 pm (he worked at an airline's maintenance base).

You wanna talk about random, that man had his moments, that's for sure! There's a reason we're not on speaking terms.

I wish I had been conscious and remembering stuff when my dad met Vx at the hospital for the first time. It was right after my car wreck before we got married, Vx knew mom & I didn't care for dad, and apparently they exchanged words. I so wish I could have witnessed that. It cracks me up thinking about it!

How did fireworks lead up to my then-fiance exchanging words w/my dad???

Join in on the random fun by clicking the banner at the top of this post (hopefully you can find it). Have a good Tuesday!


p.s. I'm still laughing.

2 comments:

Keely said...

That's how Random Tuesdays work! You start off talking about squirrels and end up somewhere between salad dressing and the Indy 500...

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

This is the perfect random post. I loved your list of what you bought that was random too!!! Have a great week.