Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wednesday, uh!

Wednesday morning, I was going to stay up to pick up my final paycheck from this June event (to avoid having to pay me overtime, they've been paying me 80 hours at a time, this check was for the final several hours) but was too tired, so I set an alarm to get up before the office closed, little did I know Vx was making other plans. His post-op was supposed to be Thursday morning, but since he was running a fever (that he wouldn't take Tylenol for) and having pain (he wouldn't take his pain meds for, he could've taken both together), he moved up the appointment to Wednesday afternoon. When I woke up to get ready to go, he informed me that he moved the appointment. So fuckin typical of him! I told him if he was in so much pain he had to move the appointment up, then he must have been taking his medicine, so I didn't allow him to drive (if he really was taking his medicine, he wouldn't let himself drive there), I dropped him off, he got mad at me,
"Your not coming in?"
"No, I have things to do."
"I didn't bring my cell phone, so I should be done in an hour or so, just wait inside for me."

So, I left him and drove in the opposite direction to get my check. At work, I did get a nice surprise, my final check was double! Not too shabby for the people who don't "believe" in pay raises anymore, or overtime.

Did I mention this was all during rush hour? Me, being the genius I am, I took this street that some major construction is occurring on and around it (the highway that runs over it preparing to be widen). I needed gas, so I turned on a street that I knew had my preferred gas station (Quik Trip), bought gas and a snack since I hadn't ate anything, and then turned on another street to head to the turnpike. Despite inserting the correct change, the coin machine didn't act like I inserted money in it (hopefully no one fines me for it) and made my way back to Vx.

As soon as I walked in the main door, he was sitting right inside it, in pain. He claims that the doctor played ping-pong w/his balls. He has an infection, but the doctor didn't know if it was from the surgery or if it was something he may have already had (like a cold or something), told him to take his pain meds, and informed him that this surgery wasn't as simple as Vx seemed to think it would be, even saying some patients having heart procedures recover more quickly than others do from hernia operations, let alone double hernia operations (like his). He wrote him 2 prescriptions, one for more pain meds, the other for antibiotics, and he has another follow-up next week.

Not to sound like Stan (f/South Park), but I learned something today, my car's a/c needs to be fixed! I guess my check(s) will go to that, &/or my state income tax refund (came in the mail the other day, not sure how much it'll cost or what exactly's wrong, it blows air but not as much as it should).

While our temp has only been in the 90's, the heat index according to my phone while at the restaurant was 115. Yeah, my car's going to the shop, sooner than later. This heat is especially hard on Vx, and his vehicles a/c's are in worse shape.

I believe this statement escaped my mouth as well: "I'm not the Army, I actually plan out things instead of trying to do everything last minute." I keep making this point to him, hoping that he'll also do the same, especially when it involves me. He has improved, but I don't know if it'll actually stick.

No comments: