This website called Linkbait Generator was introduced to me by another blogger, D. A. Schweiss, it generates blog post ideas. As suggested, here are 8 reasons to fear Facebook:
1. If you've been in a car wreck, the victim will find you there.
I was at work one night, decided to hook up my cell phone to the laptop to see what I was missing on Facebook. Bad Idea! The woman that I apparently pulled right in front of a year before this decided she just had to know how I was doing, so she sent me a pm. Good thing I was in a tent by myself at the time, I balled my eyes out. I wanted to reply with some message like, "You ruined my life, bitch!" but I didn't. I emailed a copy of it to my husband, his clearer, less exhausted, not-sitting-in-a-tent-outside-w/no-heat-when-its-20-degrees-aggravating-injuries-f/that-very-accident self gave me ideas for a proper reply, making sure to inform her that I have no memories of the accident, so she couldn't sue me for her truck damages & broken headlight (that she was able to drive away f/the accident with, while my car had to be towed because her big-ass truck broke my transmission, and [along w/the firefighters and the jaws of life] destroyed the frame).
2. You will find out that your boss likes Frederick's of Hollywood.
Not something you expect to see on someone's page, let alone the boss of the summer department. It took me a while to "friend him" because of this. Maybe I shouldn't have. I sent this same person a message about that department the end of May this year, after he wouldn't return my call. He finally called me back to inform me that my post was eliminated.
3. Your mom's boyfriend's daughter-in-law will "friend" you.
I recognized the last name as his after a while, then my mom called me and told me who she was, she wanted to be friends that way her & I could share pictures of the grand daughter w/"the old folks". I did accept, since "the old folks" only use computers to play Solitaire.
4. Farmville.
Just because I work around livestock, barns, and the equipment used on farms doesn't mean I want to do that shit off the clock. There's a reason why I blocked that app.
5. Family (Siblings, In-Laws in particular).
I have to be careful what I post on Facebook because of these people. I've had problems with my in-laws because I posted a status bitching about my husband in some way. I'm not on speaking terms w/my dad, neither is my sister, but my brother is, so I try not to post anything that could be related to my dad. I'm also friends with one of my dad's sisters that he doesn't get along with, along with cousins that are kids and grandkids to dad's siblings. I also worry about my own sister, she used to bombard me with chain emails until I changed my email address and never gave her my new address (mean, I know). My mom hasn't given my sister her new email address as well. I don't know about my brother, but he probably hasn't either.
6. Friend Suggestions
I have seen people suggested on Facebook that I hated the guts of back in high school, I've also seen people I have no frekin clue who they are. These suggestions annoy me. I keep looking at them because every once in a while, I'll find one that I want to friend.
7. Celebrities, Band pages
I'm friends with some local celebrities and band members, I don't know most of them personally, but I enjoy reading what they post on their pages (tour dates, new blog posts, news anchor commenting on a story they reported earlier, etc.). This is also where the friend suggestions for people I have no clue who they are comes into play (see #6). Facebook, thinking we have a friend in common, thinks that we may know each other, not realizing that this common friend is someone that "everybody" knows.
8. IM
It only seems like someone wants to IM me when I'm either at work with a weak internet signal, or its someone I really don't want to talk to. I try to be polite, and chat for a minute, or tell them I can't. I finally figured out how to turn it off, and it now stays off.
I don't know if all of these would necessarily be things to fear, but they annoy me, and the fear that those annoyances will take over my life is good enough reason for me to have them on this list.
Thank you for reading.
1 comment:
Hi, Silver Star!
I'm glad to see that Linkbait inspired you, just as it did me. Great post! Quite the mix of happy and sad, and just plain odd.
Also, love the new theme for your blog. Very patriotic!
Regards,
D.A. Schweiss
Post a Comment